Data as a Service
Data as a Service is the rapid exchange of real-time condition and service information between customers, service providers, government and the supporting infrastructure to optimize safety, efficiency and the transportation experience. Pilots in Data as a Service provide staff experience in managing and optimizing data-sharing partnerships, exploring the value of analytics, and testing new tools.
- Analyze crowdsourced data for roadway design impacts on congestion.
- Test customer feedback tools on public services.
- Develop an online project dashboard for this strategy.
- Deploy connected infrastructure in the Promise Zones.
- Experiment with parking inventory technologies.*
Mobility as a Service
Mobility as a Service centers on the customer; it provides a suite of transportation mode options through a single platform and payment system to simplify access to mobility choices. While many elements to deploy a true Mobility as a Service model in the region are beyond on transportation agency’s jurisdiction, pilots can demonstrate how more shared mobility, better connectivity, and improved interoperability between modes can shift travel behaviors for those in a region.
- Launch mobility hubs to integrate + connect modes.
- Pilot on-demand transit.
- Expand shared services to low-income neighborhoods citywide.
- Test smart fares.
Infrastructure as a Service
Infrastructure as a Service is the idea that the use and access of public infrastructure should be subject to pay-as-you-go user fees that more closely align the costs associated with providing the infrastructure itself to how the infrastructure is being used. Since full-scale implementation of this model is contingent on state legislation and requires standardization, these pilots introduce interim ways to deploy technologies to respond more efficiently to changing infrastructure demand while testing public appetite for new approaches.
- Deploy temporary car-free zones across the city.
- Test assumptions around roadway capacity + utilization.
- Identify new infrastructure assessment tools.
- Launch an AV pilot.
- Pilot an AV network on city streets + incentivize sharing.