Americans elected Trump under the terms set forth in the Constitution.
- Americans created the Electoral College, which allows a candidate with a minority of popular votes to become president.
- Americans were those who gerrymandered electoral districts to rig them in favor of a given political party.
- The Supreme Court issued the infamous Citizens United decision that allows corporate financing of candidates for political office. (Hey, money talks and exercises freedom of speech; corporations are people!)
- Americans created a Senate that is anything but democratic, since it gives disproportionate representation to states with relatively small populations.
- It was American senators who established non-democratic procedures that allow minorities, even sometimes single senators, to block legislation or confirmation of appointments.